As with any form of harassment, you should take all reports of bullying seriously and respond appropriately.
Please contact us for help prior to dealing with a workplace bully. We can help you conduct an investigation and make sure you have adequate documentation before taking action, as an aggressor is more likely to file a lawsuit against you.
Once you have investigated and documented the behavior, there is a range of appropriate responses, depending upon the seriousness of the situation:
- Warnings and disciplinary action, up to and including termination
- Group sensitivity training
- Using an outside conflict management resource
- Referring the bully to an anger management course
- Utilizing your employee assistance program (where applicable)
Contact us for assistance or more information.